Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for Friends & Family

This Thanksgiving I'm apart from most of my friends and family, including my fiance.  I traveled three hours to another state to visit my father.  Oh, and use his laser printer to take care of the wedding invitations and inserts - and participate in black Friday shopping in a tax free state.

I'm thankful for a father who lets me use his stuff so I can save several hundred dollars on this piece of the wedding.  I'm thankful for a mother who proofread my invitations on an ancient computer while on vacation.  I'm thankful for family that understands why I'm apart from them today.

I'm thankful for the friends (three bridesmaids) who stopped by the other night to help assemble some wedding items.  They stayed well past their babies' bedtimes so we could all get blisters from the scissors on our thumbs.  (I guess that's my cue to invest in some more comfortable pairs of scissors!)  I'm thankful for the cousin (another bridesmaid) that offered moral support via phone this morning when I realized I did not bring the files that contained my wedding invitation information with me on my trip.  I'm thankful for yet another bridesmaid who is addressing all of my RSVP envelopes!

Enjoy your day and take some time to be thankful - for whatever it is you appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment